Welcome To PTP Punjab
A TB FREE PUNJAB
Universal Access To TB Care achieving Zero TB Death.
To reduce by 50% the prevalence of TB in the general population by 2025 in comparison with 2012.
- To increase the number of notified TB cases from 298,981 in 2013 to at least 420,000 by 2020 while maintaining the treatment success rate at 91%.
- To reduce by at least 5% per year by 2020 the prevalence of MDR-TB among TB patients who have never received any TB treatment.
- Strengthen programmatic and operational management capacity of the TB Control Program while enhancing public sector support for TB control by 2020.
- We fight against Tuberculosis in Punjab to reduce mortality, morbidity and spread of TB infection. Provincial TB Control Program is integrated with Primary Health Care (PHC) system implemented by the district health authorities with the support of District TB Coordinator.
- With the endorsement and implementation of “Stop TB Strategy” in 2006, we strive to improve the performance and public health impact of country level TB programs while mitigating the risks of drug resistance.